Thursday, July 27, 2006

Dancing Bull Zinfandel by Rancho Zabaco, 2003 Reviewed

General Impression of Dancing Bull Zinfandel by Rancho Zabaco, 2003

The first word out of my mouth after the first sip was "wow" and that pretty much sums it up. This is an excellent Zinfandel and unless I find some really amazing replacements it is going to hold a place on our top ten list for a very long time.

Given the bottle told me this was Rancho Zabaco's playful version of Zinfandel I was a bit concerned. While I don't have to have big bold heavy Zin I am certainly a hedonist with Zinfandel and relish it above almost all other reds. No let down at all with this one.

While easy to drink the flavors are full and even intense with a lot of black cherry and raspberry flavors. This is an exceptional Zinfandel and I would be shocked to find that it would not enjoy even a bit of aging.



~ Jack Spirko


Would you like to be automaticly notified every time we add a new review, subscribe to our inexpensive wine news letter and we will send you a quick email every time a new review is added.


No comments: