Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Folie a Deux Ménage a Trois, 2004 Reviewed

General Impression of Folie a Deux Ménage a Trois, 2004

When I see a bottle labeled "table wine" even though I know better it always prejudices me a bit against it. In the US Table Wine simply means the wine is a blend and does not have enough of one grape to call the wine legally a Zinfandel or Merlot and has an alcohol level of 7-14%. Thinking this three grape blend of my top favorite US Red Varietals (Merlot, Cabernet and Zinfandel) might be similar to a light burgundy or decent Meritage I picked up a bottle.

My one regret? I now have to go back to Costco and buy more. This is an excellent red wine with a lot going on.


~ Jack Spirko

Would you like to be automaticly notified every time we add a new review, subscribe to our inexpensive wine news letter and we will send you a quick email every time a new review is added.


No comments: