Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Almira Los Dos, 2004 Review

General Impression of Almira Los Dos, 2004

I saw one thing on the label that made me try it well more accurately two words, "old vines. As an old vine Zinfandel freak when I see those words I look deeper then finding the primary grape to be Grenache with a little Syrah to balance the wine I was hooked. In my opinion Grenache is an under appreciated grape. While the back bone of my famous Rhone wines and the key to producing some amazing French blush wines made from mostly Grenache are largely unknown.

This one is really a very nice wine, it is intense without being overwhelming so much so that you could eat a big or a light meal with it and be happy with it either way. The surprise is while light and fruity the finish is long and enjoyable.

Read Our Entire Review of Almira Los Dos, 2004


~ Jack Spirko


Would you like to be automaticly notified every time we add a new review, subscribe to our inexpensive wine news letter and we will send you a quick email every time a new review is added.


No comments: